Bear And Bunny Boo ❤ Bear And Bunny Boo ❤

At first I was surprised by sudden change. But then I noticed the author.
Now I am surpirsed that it's actually really mild compared to other works.

Boobies Boobies

What the actual fuck...?

Flairs - Truckers Delight Flairs - Truckers Delight

I'm pretty sure I saw this 5-6 years ago.

CrossCode CrossCode

When I clicked this I had thoughts like "Oh boy, here comes YET ANOTHER RETRO-STYLE INDIE-GAME".
Well, after somewhat sketchy intro (typical pseudo-mysterious Japanese girl and her DYING brother that worked ON SOMETHING BIG and then dying in her arms, oh boy we're hitting all the anime-clichés here!) I was ready to brush it off but decided to sit through it. And, well, yeah.

I'll admit, you got me hooked. Sound, music, gameplay mechanics, control, game design, GUI design, color palette, ANIMATION. Yes, you glorious bastards, it's totally superb! Goddammit, you made me wanting to find out what will happen next! I'll have to follow you now, ain't I? Well, one thing for certain, I will buy your game so you've got that part right it seems, huh?
One thing I didn't like as much is your drawing style of in-game portraits - they seem like they aren't sure whether to be anime or something like Flintstones American cartoons, but that's really subjective matter so that didn't influenced the score.
Overall, I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5 because reasons below.

---0oOo0---

First of all, I don't even like indie-games anymore because everyone and their dog are jumping on that band-wagon nowadays in hopes of easy profit under current trend. Also, overuse of retro-appeal to the 80-90s kids via 8-16bit graphics is way overdone. (Just for the record, I'm almost 25 y/o, hell, I have a very fond memories of the NES/Sega period) I mean, sure I understand that not everyone can handle something like Cry engine, let alone afford it's usage but still... But on the other hand I do get why indie-devs are using retro-style graphics, it's very easy to mess up 3D and it's way more difficult to make it look and move (good animation is one of the key aspect to the picture, ya know?) GOOD. In that way retro-bit graphic is way more easier and, uhh, a sure-fire way to get initial audience with nostalgic crowd. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I dislike your game because of that or anything or even blame you on attempt to milk on the current trend, I just feel that it could've been an even better experience with more advanced graphics BUT I DO REALIZE that's very expensive and very difficult to do properly and with same level of quality so I guess there's that.

TL;DR
I dislike retro-graphics because I think that they belong to the now gone era.

---
Желаю разработчикам успешно завершить игру и что-бы у них всё получилось так как они хотят. :)

RadicalFishGames responds:

Hey, wow thanks for the feedback!

I can totally understand you opinion on 2D games :) We just love this SNES-like graphic style and we knew from the beginning we had to use <3

Road of the Dead 2 Road of the Dead 2

A whole bunch of improvement over first one but I found one very annoying bug.
I got to the moment when Sherman talks about falling back to the river and making a stand. And all the time when I get into 500-700 meters till next checkpoint an invicible zombie jumps on the hood, and no matter how many shots I unload it will not die.

Evil-Dog responds:

I'll be checking that bug, sorry about that

Duty Hill 2 Duty Hill 2

At first I thought that this is not good. But then I realized: I judged it as a big game. That is how much I was immersed into it.

This small game delivers fast-paced, dynamic shootout Crimsonland-style(not Contra) with easy, intuitive game controls and gameplay. Addicting as hell, too!
Every detail is working as it should, and nothing stands in the way of non-stop bullet hell fun.
This game also provides nice difficulty curve, with later levels becoming erratic with gun-fire and enemies coming from every direction, but this only adds to overall level of fun, thanks to frustration-preventing mechanic of respawn. That way even if you die in a tight spot you can continue your carnage few seconds after, provided your supply cache isn't destroyed.

Sound is pretty default, but good, as well as music that gives good tempo for gameplay.
Graphic sprites ripped out from Counter-Strike: Source looks good as well.

A few let-downs though: I honestly don't see any reason to level up anything other than your default AR, until you level cap it. Other stats are completely unrequired to keep up with enemies until you get bored after few hours.
Level up sound makes a dissonance with other sounds.

To sum it all up: a great time-killer.

Magmar Magmar

Dammit, it's not fair to have misleading thumbnails.

LegolaSS responds: